What To Do When You Encounter A Stray Animal

Yesterday while I was driving at night, I saw a small shadow suddenly dodging across the street. I immediately knew it was a little doggie trying to make it across. To my relief, it did make it across but my heart was wrenching thinking about the many "what ifs." The question immediately came into mind  "what should I do if I find a stray animal!???"
The humane society has some great advice for all animal lovers:
  • Don't cause a traffic accident
  • Catching her
  • Take her to safety
  • Be prepared—a kit for your car
  • Check the laws
  • About shelters and animal agencies
  • Taking the animal to a veterinarian
  • Things to consider
Click on the link below to find the topics listed above:
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/what_to_do_stray_pet.html

The following link is also a great resource to locate your closest animal shelter where you can bring the animal in
:


http://theshelterpetproject.org/shelters

Hope it helps!  And again, Please adopt!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

 
BOLD and UNUSUAL DOG Stories - Haus Of Paws Blog © 2012-2013 | Designed by Trucks, in collaboration with MW3, Broadway Tickets, and Distubed Tour