|George the amazing Basset Hound saved his own life by dialing 999 | photo: The Sun - Ben Lack|
Two-year-old George, the Basset Hound nearly choked to death in his home in South Hendley, West Yorkshire in England after he knocked the phone over and got entangled in a phone cord, but instead he accomplished an amazing feat for a DOG by far! He dialed emergency 999 — the British equivalent to 911 and guess who came rushing to the house?
It was back in March 2012 of this year when a chilling phone call reached an emergency operator with heavy breathing and gasping on the other end. After concern of the call, four police officers rushed over to the Steve Brown residence in South Hiendley, West Yorkshire where the phone call originated. The officers were ready to smash down the door, but near-by neighbor Paul Walker, 41 (a family friend of George's) nearby let them in with a key to the house.
|Saved by the Phone: George the Basset Hound dialed emergency 999 | The Sun - Ben Lack|
As the officers searched the house for a possible attacked or an ill caller, Paul discovered George the terrified Basset Hound choking with an entangled telephone cord around his neck.
“He was absolutely terrified and could not free himself,” Walked told the Sun. “I knew I had to get him free quickly so I just ripped the wire out. “Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999 — he literally saved his own life.
“When the police came into the room and realized what had happened they burst out laughing. “They thought someone had collapsed or been attacked.”
|George with owner Lydia | The Sun - Ben Lack|
Lydia said the phone George choked on was an old-fashioned phone with a dialing ring.
“He’s not usually very smart. "He’s really dopey and just likes to chew socks.”
SOURCE: The Sun | Huffington Post